Need help modding my ultrasone pro 900 earpads
Mar 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fud4ever

New Head-Fier
Hi all, just need a little help with modding my ultrasone pro 900 pads.
all i need help with is choosing the pads. im not sure what pads will fit correctly. i am aware that i have to sacrifice my spare pads that came with the 900s. ive read that the jmoney denon pads work, but what about his beyer pads? also heard the sony xb500/700 pads might work.

anyone have experience in this area that can tell me how i can tell what will fit and what wont? or maybe just suggest some pads. ty for reading. oh btw they need to be leather(ish). no velour/felt crap!

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 3
Be warned, if switching to leather/leatherette pads when the headphone is originally designed to use velours, you may get a muffled sound.

Find out what the dimensions of those other pads are, then compare to the dimensions of the stock earpads to see if they are possibly compatible.  Also, any pads you choose will have to be able to grip the outer rim of the headphones.  You might need glue to keep the pads on as Ultrasones are designed to use a very different method of attachment.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 3
ty for reply. if sound gets goofed i can simply switch back cuz they came with 2 sets =]
hoping to improve isolation and comfort. we'll see what happens to the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back