Need Help making a decision on an upgrade from RHA MA750i 's, $100-200 max. pricerange (earphones).
Jan 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TegraStorm

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I have owned the RHA MA750i for almost a year and the cable is starting to break up, i guess it will be a month more of use until they aren't in a good state anymore. There aren't any good places where I live to go and try earphones (or at least varied GOOD QUALITY headphones which make me decide whats the sound I like the most), so all I can do is try out what I buy. I was thinking on getting new earphones which have warm mids but im not really sure where to go, I mostly listen to Rock/Metal, Acoustic, & Ambient/IEM music, I also listen to pretty much every genre there is (almost) so I guess im looking for some decently balanced earphones, I will be using them on the bus and on public places so some noise isolation would be nice, but in general earphones have decent noise isolation so as for an example ill say im happy with the isolation the MA750i gave me. Im not necessarily looking for headphones which are more expensive, something I DO need on my headphones is a good bass quality-wise, as for im a bit of a basshead, but I am open to other kind of recommendations. 

I normally keep the earphones with me ALL the time and after I use them i put them on my pocket, so they should be able to take that as for I don't want them to last 1 month... As I was saying, I want to try some headphones with nice warm mids. I was checking out the RP-HJE900 and they seem like a good option, but im pretty sure there are others ill like more than those.

Im willing to hear any kind of recommendations and if necessary ill get eartips or other gadgets for them to work better. Thanks.

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 13
IEM cables have a very short lifespan if you treat them like pocket change. There is a reason all of them above $100 comes with a nice case, like the RHA MA750 came with, which I doubt you used much.

RHA has a THREE year warranty. Just send it in and get the cables sorted out and you're back to saving some money. There aren't many good IEM in the price range you mention better than the RHA MA750. AND all of them come with flimsier cables than the MA750s do, except for the Shure SE series, like the SE215.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 13
Yeah thats one of the reasons why I got the RHA MA750i, and I do feel bad for not treating them properly but even though when im not in the situation I think "oh well, ill just put them inside their case real fast everytime I stop using them, won't take me too long", but its more like "*wakes up* crap IM NEAR THE BUS STOP! *quickly throws earphones on pocket while running out of the bus*"

I didn't buy the headphones from the official RHA Audio webpage, can I still get the warranty and stuff?, and if it is possible, what do i need besides my earphones? and lastly, if some tips broke, can they give me replacements for the broken ones?

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 13
  Yeah thats one of the reasons why I got the RHA MA750i, and I do feel bad for not treating them properly but even though when im not in the situation I think "oh well, ill just put them inside their case real fast everytime I stop using them, won't take me too long", but its more like "*wakes up* crap IM NEAR THE BUS STOP! *quickly throws earphones on pocket while running out of the bus*"

I didn't buy the headphones from the official RHA Audio webpage, can I still get the warranty and stuff?, and if it is possible, what do i need besides my earphones? and lastly, if some tips broke, can they give me replacements for the broken ones?

Yes, they will cover all that, as long as you have the original box and original receipt.

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 13

Hello!

We thought we'd stop by just to confirm what others have said. As long as you purchased the product from any authorised retailer, you're covered by the full three year warranty. Definitely give the team a shout via the website and I'm sure they'll be able to get you sorted. 

Cheers!

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 13
Hello!

We thought we'd stop by just to confirm what others have said. As long as you purchased the product from any authorised retailer, you're covered by the full three year warranty. Definitely give the team a shout via the website and I'm sure they'll be able to get you sorted. 

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for caring and replying! but after doing some paperwok I couldn't find the receipt :/... anyways, thanks!.......

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 13

If anyone can just tip me on how to not get this again, and when i put it in its leather case it still has to bend bwcause the leather case isnt 1 meter long or anything, so there is a need to round up the cables...

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 13
Not sure, man.

Question though, anyone feel free to answer.
Why do people keep having these chord, driver, and whole list of other issues, even years down the line...
If you take care of $30 headphones, even though they're dirt cheap, they'll last you quite a long time.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 13

If anyone can just tip me on how to not get this again, and when i put it in its leather case it still has to bend bwcause the leather case isnt 1 meter long or anything, so there is a need to round up the cables...

Do you know what caused the laceration at first? That looks pretty brutal for normal use.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #12 of 13
My skullcandy ink'd have lasted 2 years and they still work, no issues. I dont know why this happened to mines but even if it looks brutal, believe me it started with the cable just being too curves, alnost bent over but not intentionally but because of the case, and i do take care of my stuff, i used its case the first 6 months but then it was too annoying because it is made of leather and it heats up on my pocket, therefore my leg started sweating and that isnt comfortable at all... I have a quedtion, i want to get some tri flanged tips for these earphones but idk which ones fit it right, and the size i use is about the 2nd size they already bring, from the smallest to the biggest. Idk how to describe it, but the size of tips i used and likef the most were the double flanged ones that came with thede those fit perfectly, so if i could buy some from a brand specialized in ones like these or just more of them tell me, thanks

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #13 of 13

Yep, so i got new ones. Can someone tell me what can i do or some tips to avoid getting that part (look at the image) from getting ripped or torn apart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back