Need Help Looking For Headphones
Jul 14, 2017 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Socio

New Head-Fier
Im currently looking for a headphone in the $150 range that has good sound, removable cord. Removable ear cups are optional. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 8
1) Where will you be using them? At home, on the go, etc?
2) Do you already own a pair of headphones or any audio gear like amp or dac?
3) What type of sound do you like? V shaped, neutral, bassy, analytical?

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 8
1) Where will you be using them? At home, on the go, etc?
2) Do you already own a pair of headphones or any audio gear like amp or dac?
3) What type of sound do you like? V shaped, neutral, bassy, analytical?

1) Mostly be using them at home
2) I had sony XB500 but they died and had Logitech UE6000 but they also died
3) Neutral

Open or closed headphones?
Closed Back

There are many headphones around the $150 range. Can you explain your preferences like sound signature and song genre preferences.

I listen to all types of music, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock. Any type of music really.

Some more info, I will mostly be using these at home listening to music and occasionally using it for ps4. Im looking for something comfortable and that has a removable cord.

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 8
3) Neutral

Closed Back

Some more info, I will mostly be using these at home listening to music and occasionally using it for ps4. Im looking for something comfortable and that has a removable cord.

In the price range you specified and since you owned a xb500, while preferring a neutral sound signature the best matching cans that I can think of for your needs would probably be something like the Sony V6 a closed back studio monitor that only lacks a detachable cable like you want, though personally I don't know how you would ruin the cable given the V6's tough professional cable unless you wanted to upgrade it or if you have concerns breaking the headphone jack itself

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 8
3) Neutral

Closed Back

Ok based on your preferences i suggest giving the Shure SRH 840 a look. On average, it may cost $50 more than your desired budget of $150, but keep in mine it comes with a detachable cable and spare ear cups as well as a fairly neutral sound signature that should suit all types of musical needs. If you absolutely do not want to spend more than you desired budget, then give the Sony MDR 7510, MDR V6, MDR 7506 and also the Audio Technica ATH-M40X a look. These are all around or below your desired budget. Just keep in mind since you are coming from the XB500, you may have to get used to these cans considering none of them have the same bass as the XB500. Well good luck and happy listening:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back