Need help...Klipsch double-flange size
Feb 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KLS

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got some L size Klipsch double-flange from Amazon JP, but it turns out to be quite small...

Height: 1.2cm
Bottom, oval longer diameter: 1.2cm

I am wondering whether Amazon has sent me the wrong size, but I couldn't confirm this as there is no information on the dimensions of the tips.

Owner of Klipsch products or those who are using Klipsch single/double flange, could you please measure the size of your flange and help me confirm whether mine is a S or L?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you may have gotten the small, but I'm not sure really, because I've never had the larger ones. I have the small ones that come with the Klipsch S4i, and I just measured them. They seem like they are 1.1cm tall, but the long oval length seems to be 1.2cm like yours... Or like 1.15cm, heh, can't really tell... I took a picture, but it's in bad dark lighting + cell phone camera + bad ruler...

Hope it helps you:

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 5
No, those are the larges, which are not really large. The tips that work with the CK10s if that's the issue are the Klipsch single flange large, which is mentioned in several of the CK10 posts. Hope that's the problem, because the Klipsch double flange tips, to me, are not very good.

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 5
I phoned to the customer center of Amazon JP inquiring the size but they couldn't check it out for me, or should I say reluctantly...In the end I am going to return it...

Anyways I asked another audio shop about the size and they were so nice to measure the size for me.

Small double-flange:
Tall: 1.2cm
Short oval lenght: 0.9cm
Long oval lenght: 1.0cm

Large double-flange:
Tall: 1.5cm
Short oval lenght: 1.1cm
Long oval lenght: 1.2cm

lc483, thanks for your info!

From the height of the tips, I am quite sure mine is small double-flange, though I measure 1.2cm for the long oval lenght whereas the shop measures 1.0cm.

tstarn06,
The gel tips on CK10 are really comfortable, but they don't give a perfect seal so there is harshness on the highs. If what I got is the small double-flange, I have high hopes for the large double-flange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back