Need help installing Rockbox on Sansa Fuze
Oct 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I really would appreciate some help here, I am planning and want to install Rockbox on my previous model Sansa Fuze (16GB) this is the model with the scroll wheen in the front.

Question

1. How do I know if Rockbox can be installed on this version, if I go to Info its version V01.01.11F
2. I am using Rockbox Utility 1.2.10
3. In the settings of the Fuze player under the USB mode should I choose MTP, MSC or Autodetect
4. If I'm using the Rockbox utility do I need to install the bootloader or will the Utility do it for me.

Thanks

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 5
1. Rockbox should work on this version.

2. Fine

3. Set your Fuze to MSC

4. Choose complete installation. Very important. You will need to download the latest Sansa Fuze firmware onto your pc that match your specific Fuze version (01.01...), can be found in the Sansa forum (firmware update) or use the Sansa updater to retrieve the version #.

When asked, during your RB installation, drag the extracted Sansa FW to the root of your player and RB will recognize it.

Rockbox setup should guide you through this, it's fairly simple..

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Ok Ive got a serious problem here, I went to the Sandisk site and downloaded the sansa updater, tried to install it, it goes through the process"

Checking internet connection            ok

Checking Windows Type                 ok

Dowloading the latest sansa updater          failed x

have tried 5 times and still it refuses to install on my PC/Laptop.  I'm using Win 7 64bit

here this is where I got it from:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278

Users who are viewing this thread

Back