Need help in finding a decent pair of IEMs in the range of $50
Oct 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

William452

New Head-Fier
I have absolutely no clue on anything audiophile related, all I know is that stock headphones tend to be terrible, and should be replaced. 
I'm a student who primarily uses them for a 45 minute commute on a noisy bus every morning and afternoon. As the title says, I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good pair of in ear, noise isolating headphones. 

I used stock apple buds for a while, didn't really mind them, until a friend told me I should switch to something better. I ordered a pair of Skullcandy TiTans for about $30, they seemed pretty good to me (I wouldn't really know, they were just better compared to apple's earbuds.) 

I was looking for something nicer and would actually allow me to keep my savings. 

Can anyone recommend anything that can be purchased online?

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Brainwavz M2
$60 on sale at amazon

I own these as well as many other IEM's and really like them.  They seal well and with T-400 Comply tips they are supremely comfortable.  The have good extension in the bass, a wide sound stage, and a wonderful mid range.  The treble could be improved upon, but for a single dynamic driver what do you expect.

Keep in mind if you do purchase these that how they seal inside your ear canal is critical to the sound you get out of them.  With Comply tips you have to first roll the tips in your fingertips, while they are installed onto the ear piece, prior to insertion.  If you then hold them in your ear canal for 15 seconds while they expand you create an excellent seal.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 3
+1 for the Brainwavz M2 recommendation.  Really some of the best no-nonsense IEMs you can get, and miles better than stock earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back