Need help in choosing in ear headphones under $200
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

teh1226

New Head-Fier
Hi,

First time posting here, so I hope all the audio gurus here can give me some advise / suggestion for my next in-ear headphone purchase.

My music files are stored in my iPhone (encoded via iTunes) and it's basically my main music player / source. I've used a-Jay four and is currently using t-Jay four. The reason for choosing the fours are mainly for the in line mic, as I travel a lot on subways and will need to answer calls every now and then. I enjoy using the t-Jay as they have a much detailed sound compare to the a-Jay. And I like their tight and punchy bass. I listen mostly to rock, metal, pop.

I'm looking for a new pair of in-ear headphones which can produce even detailed sound (mainly vocals & mids) without sacrificing much of the tight & punchy bass which I enjoy from my current headphone. I read some reviews here at the forum for models like Westone ADV / VSonic GR07 / Brainwavz B2, and from the reviews, those models should (or should not) meet my requirements. 

And lastly, do I consider getting a headphone with either dynamic drivers / balance armature / hybrid? and do I need to get something with dual drivers? I'm open to all recommendations / advises. My budget is $200, but I don't mind topping up slightly so long it doesn't break the $250 point. Headphones with in-line mic will be a plus point.

Thanks a lot

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Have you considered the Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone. It allows you to change filters so you can change the way they sound. Here is a link to a review http://www.soundandvision.com/content/review-phonak-aud%C3%A9o-pfe-232-pfe-132-and-pfe-012-perfect-fit-earphones-page-2.

Hope this helps.

DonaldDuck 

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 7
I would go with AT IM70.  Unbelievable bargain for the sound it puts out.  It is a little heavy on the bass so you might want to also look at the IM50 which is around 60 or 70 bucks I think.  Read the threads about them.  Everyone loves them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back