Need Help, Im new to this.
Jan 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Slashed

New Head-Fier
Hey, I need a pair of headphones. I've been using Bose IEM's for a while because my old headphones were destroyed in an unfortunate weed whacker accident.

I have up to $300 to spend
I like to listen to rock, rap, and electronic
I want them to sound great and look good while doing it, if possible.
It doesn't really matter if they're over ear or on ear, open or closed. whatever sounds the best.

If you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Ultrasone HFI-780. They are fast and punchy. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 11
If you're gonna be using it on the bus a closed set would be more appropriate.
Have you considered the denon d2000 ?  It's a closed set but does leak sound just not as much as an open ended one. 
Another good choice would be something from the ultrasone line, I have the HFI -580 and electronic music is so much fun with these, but with your price range you could get the pro900. 
Good luck. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Have you considered the denon d2000 ?  It's a closed set but does leak sound just not as much as an open ended one. 

Good headphones but they're bulky for portable use. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Another good choice would be something from the ultrasone line, I have the HFI -580 and electronic music is so much fun with these, but with your price range you could get the pro900. 
Good luck. 

I heard the d2000's bass was pretty flat. I'm on the bus for Long distance basketball games so it's not too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back