Need Help!! I'm having problem ripping to flac
Apr 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

DC5Zilla

500+ Head-Fier
I was originally intended to rip my cds to flac file to play it on 8GB sansa clip I've bought for $49 at local wal-mart. But I have no knowledge and previous experience about ripping to file besides mp3.

I checked this site and followed all the instructions » Step-by-Step Guide to Secure CD Ripping with Exact Audio Copy HipHopIsCoolAgain

However, it seems like I'm having a problem. All my compressed files are wav files (about 40mb each). I expected the files to be flac because I followed the instructions for flac encoder option. What did I mistake? Or is there another step I should follow inorder to rip the musics to flac? I would appreciate any kind of help!!

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 21
I'm not sure what could have gone wrong in your case, but as long as you've installed FLAC and set up EAC to use an external compressor properly, then the obvious thing would be clicking the wrong button in the user interface when starting the CD extraction. Be sure to click the MP3 button and not the WAV button.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 21
I got it!!! Thank you so much for your help!!

But I think I got another problem. I have placed my flac.exe in EAC folder and installed it but whenever I use EAC, it keeps asking to install it Its still working but its getting very annoying. Even if I cancel the setup, it just pops back again. Whats going on?

EDIT: I guess I'm still having problem on ripping to flac. Even though it says save the format as .flac, it comes out as a wav. Should I repeat the encoder option again?

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 21
Check out the link in my Signature.
smile.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 21
You need to actually run the .exe first to install FLAC, and then when you set up your compression options in EAC, it'll ask you to locate FLAC.exe on your system. Once you've done that successfully, you won't need to do it anymore with future rips.

In other words, you don't need to place the .exe in your EAC folder at all.

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 21
I tried
1. reinstall flac
2. went all over setting encode option. located flac.exe correctly
3. made sure to extract using MP3, extraction type ".flac"

and yet it still some how extracts to wav file!!!! flac files should come out as xxxxxx.flac right?
frown.gif

I think I'm gonna try the method under olblueyez signature

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good. There are lots of things you could have missed along the way, so if you've never used EAC before, a setup guide is a good way to start.

P.S. I haven't read Mr. Sinatra's setup guide, but if it doesn't mention anything about deselecting the default option of adding ID3 tags to your output files, you'll definitely want to make sure you do that. And likewise, if this isn't included in the setup guide, it should be added. It is not good to have FLAC files with ID3 tags, and EAC will add them if you're not careful about setting up compression options.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

I tried
1. reinstall flac
2. went all over setting encode option. located flac.exe correctly
3. made sure to extract using MP3, extraction type ".flac"

and yet it still some how extracts to wav file!!!! flac files should come out as xxxxxx.flac right?
frown.gif

How can you rip to MP3 and then convert to lossless?????????????? Makes no sense, it needs to rip to wav so it can create a lossless flac file.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 21
In EAC, if you want to use an external compressor, you click the button in the UI labeled MP3. This was covered earlier on in the thread. I have EAC set up to convert to FLAC, so clicking the MP3 button rips the WAVs, runs the FLAC executable, discards the temporary WAV files, and outputs the FLACs to the destination of my choice.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 21
Oh I've just meant that I clicked the mp3 icon on the left

Just reinstalled everything and started with EAC 99 prebeta4. following instructions......
and now the freeb can't find any information for my album.. ????

EDIT: NVM!!! I see it now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 21
Accuraterip is included with all newer versions of EAC. Choose to install all components of the program (eBay Button optional).

eacar0.jpg

-6 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "dates=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T comment="%e" -T "comment=EAC(Secure Mode)" %s

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 21
I'm following the blue link "Ripping with EAC" right now.. should I look over that too?

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

I'm following the blue link "Ripping with EAC" right now.. should I look over that too?

Seems like that one didnt work, try the one in my last post. I know it works.

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #14 of 21
oh snap "Use accuraterip with this drive" is greyed out...

I tried to edit the registry but cant find any besides defualt ????

3428628787_6ab28ee7f1_o.jpg

BTW I dled 99 prebeta4 and AccurateRip.dll is included.

So much hassle
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like that one didnt work, try the one in my last post. I know it works.

I will try that one out then!!

EDIT: I can't follow the step because none of my cds are in accuraterip key disc database... I think I'm not gonna use accurate rip. found the offset correction number at Digital Audio Extraction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back