Need help Im confused and no experience in audio, Need something for my Beyerdynamic 990 PRO 250 OHM Headphones.
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Miitch

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone im new to the forums and the audio setups

I have been looking endlessly for a good forum post about setups people have used for a desktop to power these beyerdynamic headphones and i find really technical posts which i don't understand like people saying you should use a "line in or line out" use a dac then a amp along with a soundcard ect its all confusing me.

All i need to know from my research is will a soundcard or Fiio be better for me.

Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX 2

Fiio E09K + Fiio E17 

The problem with the Fiio i read is that you cannot have surround sound and i game alot and listen to music time to time, so is surround sound better to listen too.... is it stereo?

And the soundcard i believe comes with a DAC and AMP built in and surround sound compatibility, Its just that E17 can be used with my iphone and its also portable which is cool its just the loss of surround sound which i wouldnt want if its really much better to have.

thanks please post a reply.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hi everyone I'm new to the forums and the audio setups
I have been looking endlessly for a good forum post about setups people have used for a desktop to power these Beyerdynamic headphones and I find really technical posts which i don't understand like people saying you should use a "line in or line out" use a DAC then a amp along with a sound card ect its all confusing me.
All i need to know from my research is will a sound card or FiiO be better for me.
Sound card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 2
FiiO E09K + FiiO E17 
The problem with the FiiO I read is that you cannot have surround sound and I game a lot and listen to music time to time, so is surround sound better to listen too.... is it stereo?
And the sound card i believe comes with a DAC and AMP built in and surround sound compatibility, Its just that E17 can be used with my iPhone and its also portable which is cool its just the loss of surround sound which I wouldn't want if its really much better to have.

Buy a used Essence STX off eBay, for your computer.
Get a FiiO E11K for use with your iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back