Need help identifying the right wireless headphones for me
Jun 14, 2021 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arkfi

New Head-Fier
Hello. I'm looking to buy all-purpose wireless headphones and some research has lead me to some disappointment. I'll explain.

When I say "all-purpose" I mean I want to use them for everything: music listening, phone/Zoom calls, noise cancelling on planes and in noisy places, and going out jogging.

I'm a bass head that likes a clear sound. My favorite cans ever (among the few premium ones I've tried) were the Denon AH-D2000. I say "were" because my pair died a few years ago. :sob: I still enjoy using my 1st generation Bose Around-Ear headphones, decent bass and clear-enough sound.

So now I'm in a situation where I work from home and do multiple Zoom calls per day where I want my voice to be clear, would like some peace and quiet while I work and listen to music, and not have to take off the headphones whenever I move around (or go out jogging).

Now, my research lead me to a choice between Sony XM4's and Bose 700's, but neither seems to be even close to a perfect fit. First, from what I can tell, you can't mute/unmute the mic on a PC connection. Not a problem if I'm sitting at the computer, can always use the software mute, but I need to do this even when I'm moving around. Second, XM4's mic is lackluster, while 700's audio doesn't seem as good a match to my ears as I'd expect from the price tag, so I feel like I'd be disappointed by either of them.

With all this context and information, can anyone help me figure out what would be my best option? Hell, if my best option is to wait for technology to improve, I'd like to know instead of wasting good money. Budget is under 1000 USD, though I would never go above 500 unless they'd fit the bill to a tee.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and provide any insight on the situation! You guys helped me discover the D2000's many years ago, and I'm forever grateful for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back