Need help.Headphone amp problem
May 12, 2006 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lei

New Head-Fier
HI there
I got Headroom Total Airhead newest vision today. I connect every thing on the right way.and set gain switch to Low.
Now I got problem. when I use line-out mode and set the airhead to lower medium volume, there is a big noise come and down in my headphones, sounds like "bizz bizz"
confused.gif

When I don't use the line-out mode and turn the player volume to the maximum as what the instruction said,the problem still exist.

I have tried to connect 3 different players(Sony1000,Apple mini,Sony MD)and headphones(UM2,MX500,E2c) all of those sets got the same problem

If I turn the player to half volume,noise is gone and sounds good
etysmile.gif
. Have you got the similar problem before? Is it caused by some problems of my airhead? Does it mean the airhead is unqualified?
Is it a rule to turn the player volume to maximum when connect with a headphone amplifier? If I don't turn it to maximum, would the sounds quality be reduced?
confused.gif

thanks

May 12, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't have an amp, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would imagine that the volume on the player should be at half or less if using the headphone jack. the amp should be used to drive the phoes to the desired volume level.

May 12, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Instruction said:use line-out jack or use headphone jack and turn the volume on player to maximum.
and I find if I switch crossfeed to off. the noise reduce

May 12, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Try emailing Headroom, I'm sure they will get back to you with some way of resolving the problem.
etysmile.gif

May 14, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 5
the instructions with mine said to use 75% of volume on the player.
call headroom.
luck,
jim

ps.....i get no noise from mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back