Need help from someone in the UK
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

luckypictures

500+ Head-Fier
If someone is living in the UK, and doesn't mind taking a trip to their nearest HMV, please send me a PM, I need help acquiring something available only there.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 22
I charge 30-60% of whatever it is you need buying
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I charge 30-60% of whatever it is you need buying
wink.gif

Lol. Thanks.

I've got a few vintage bullet mics up for grabs if anyone is willing to make a trade.

Oh, or anyone that has a thorough vintage instrument store near them. Or antique store. I'm looking for a product that was a HUGE hit in the late 60's and early 1970's in the UK.

Let's turn this into a guessing game to see if anyone can figure out what I'm looking for.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 22
I'm confused.

So you don't know if HMV has the item?
And you want people to check their local?

Wouldn't it be quicker to phone all of them? Then request Head-Fiers near the store with it in stock?

EDIT: Holy cow, they have over 200 stores in the UK! You should just tell us what item you're looking for.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 22
No. They are reproducing a vintage item, and HMV has them exclusively.

I would prefer a vintage one, since it is analog, but the allure of the new one makes me want it.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 22
Oh, okay.

I wanted to keep anyone that reads it guessing, but it's probably better to cut to the chase. the Stylophone.

A company has taken to reproducing them, and there's a white version that available exclusively at HMV. There's a black version that I can get on the net from a number of places, but the white version is what I have my eye on.

And of course, I'd prefer an analog version, but the new digital one has synth sounds that were only available on the 350s.

If you don't know what it is, there's a short article HERE, and the historic site HERE. If you're interested in Bowie, odd instruments, or electronic instruments, it's worth checking out.

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #7 of 22
Come on, I know you blokes are up about now. Though it is saturday, and you might all be sleeping in.....which, considering what time it is here, I should be doing.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"i would if i could but i cant", i am in the middle of knowhere, no hmv remotely near, boy i wish there was!

Middle of nowhere, England? Probably a gorgeous area then. Thanks mate!

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope.

Thanks for the attempt.

Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #12 of 22
You had any takers yet?
Happy to check out the Angel/Oxford Street stores for you...where are you on this big ol planet?

edit/ it's not up on their site yet. Released October so plenty of time
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had any takers yet?
Happy to check out the Angel/Oxford Street stores for you...where are you on this big ol planet?

edit/ it's not up on their site yet. Released October so plenty of time
biggrin.gif

Nothing on the site, it's supposedly out already according to an article. I can't remember what paper it was in, but HMV got theirs early, before the product was released to general retailers. Couldn't find it on the site either. I don't know in what quantity it'll be available at HMV.

FOUND THE ARTICLE HERE

Would be VERY much appreciated. I would be on this side of the pond, the good ol u, s, of a. Only been to London once. LOVED IT. Went vinyl shopping there. Do you know how nerve racking it is to bring back a few rare vinyls with you on a plane? Hah. Anyway, like I said, nothing on the site, but according to the article above, and a few others, it SHOULD already be out. They could probably tell ya if you call, save you a trip.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #15 of 22
What are you after, I go pass a few in central London almost every on my way to/from work.

Edit - just read post #6, you're looking for a Stylophone...

I'll keep an eye out on it for ya, do you have any pictures of what it looks like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back