Need help for new IEM. Budget cca 300-400 EUR.
Jun 22, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #32 of 42
Hi Vepromon!
Well.... After receiving the Dunu Luna for testing I had some confusing times last week, cancelled the order for the B2, ordered the Luna, cancelled that again (it's like 1.700 USD - OUCH) and now I am contemplating what to do....

It tought me some things about the role of the frequency response though, and how it influences some other charactersitics.
It also confirmed that the FD02/01/X1 are good value.

The Luna, and also the DK-2001 have a more mid-bass/lower mids boosted signature, which seems to give body and punch (at least with the LUNA) but the Luna lacked sub-bass IMO.
My FD02 has a ditch between 200-1000Hz with about 3dB less @500Hz, but boosted sub bass with 5dB more at 50Hz, which separates (especially female) vocals really nicely from the bass and keeps things clean, but makes that lower midrange lack some body.

So now I am back to square one, wishing for something with a gentle sub bass boost but fuller lower mids and still the airy upper midrange of the FD02. And if possible a little more bite in treble, where the FD02 is beautifully smooth but a touch tame....

I might place an order again for the B2, but for now I should maybe just wait for the IER-M9 which I should get in 2 weeks...

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #34 of 42
Hi Vepromon!
Well.... After receiving the Dunu Luna for testing I had some confusing times last week, cancelled the order for the B2, ordered the Luna, cancelled that again (it's like 1.700 USD - OUCH) and now I am contemplating what to do....

It tought me some things about the role of the frequency response though, and how it influences some other charactersitics.

The Luna, and also the DK-2001 have a more mid-bass/lower mids boosted signature, which seems to give body and punch (at least with the LUNA) but the Luna lacked sub-bass IMO.
My FD02 has a ditch between 200-1000Hz with about 3dB less @500Hz, but boosted sub bass with 5dB more at 50Hz, which separates (especially female) vocals really nicely from the bass and keeps things clean, but makes that lower midrange lack some body.

So now I am back to square one, wishing for something with a gentle sub bass boost but fuller lower mids and still the airy upper midrange of the FD02. And if possible a little more bite in treble, where the FD02 is beautifully smooth but a touch tame....

I might place an order again for the B2, but for now I should maybe just wait for the IER-M9 which I should get in 2 weeks...
Why don't you EQ a bit the JVCs ? Might be a cheap solution

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #35 of 42
@surfgeorge its good when you know what you want :)
Good luck with IER M9! Would be great if tou can report your impressions.
I will, and I will take my time to do so.
One thing I have learned, it takes me a long time to make up my mind about an IEM.
And impressions can change, sometimes everything seems very
Why don't you EQ a bit the JVCs ? Might be a cheap solution

I am generally trying to avoid EQ, since I don't want to mess up the FLAC/ALAC data with the simple EQ of the HiBy R3 I use as source, and when I use TIDAL from the iPhone and iPad with the Mojo I can'T EQ alltogether

But you are right, I should at least try it and play with it to test different frequency responses and figure out what works best for me.
Will do that with TIDAL on the PC. Good advise, thanks!

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #36 of 42
Bought the DK2001 today, since they are on discount on Shenzhen audio. They will arrive in 3-6 weeks. if i like them, i know what to go for next time. If i dont, ill just sell them.

Hi Vepromon!

After you got me curious about the Luna, I read several sources that also noted the Luna having rolled off sub bass, with a bit too little quantity. The good thing is that reportedly, the DK 2001 has well extended sub bass.

@surfgeorge, since you really seem to like single DD IEMs, perhaps consider something like the Tanchjim Oxygen, or keep an eye out for the upcoming Tanchjim Hana. Another consideration is the Tin T2 Plus. Here is a review on it. https://www.audioreviews.org/tin-hifi-t2-plus-review-jk/. I can’t wait to get it. Have you looked into any of Final Audio E series IEMs? Just some thoughts. Let us know what you decide.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #37 of 42
After you got me curious about the Luna, I read several sources that also noted the Luna having rolled off sub bass, with a bit too little quantity. The good thing is that reportedly, the DK 2001 has well extended sub bass.

@surfgeorge, since you really seem to like single DD IEMs, perhaps consider something like the Tanchjim Oxygen, or keep an eye out for the upcoming Tanchjim Hana. Another consideration is the Tin T2 Plus. Here is a review on it. https://www.audioreviews.org/tin-hifi-t2-plus-review-jk/. I can’t wait to get it. Have you looked into any of Final Audio E series IEMs? Just some thoughts. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks for the tips!

The LUNA is a great IEM, but $1.700 is a LOT of money

I heard the Oxygen briefly and it did not really grab my attention, the Final Audio E series are good, especially the cheaper ones impressed for the price, but the shape is not my kind of thing and I don't see them improving on the FD series.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #38 of 42
I`ve triee to open new thread, but didnt get any response, so ill try here :)

I need a new cable for dunu dk2001, with microphone on it, since my main source is, or will be Lg G8S Thinq.

Also, i need a good bluetooth cable for them, with APTX HD at least.

I would like to hear your recommendations :) im not willing to pay more than 50-100e, so im not looking for any glamour and super high quality, but id like them to be decent. Anything you can suggest?

P.S. Is Shure SE535 cable compatible with DUNU DK2001 IEMs?

Many thanks for your responses :)

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #39 of 42
P.S. Is Shure SE535 cable compatible with DUNU DK2001 IEMs?

Many thanks for your responses :)
Sorry, I don’t have a lot of experience using cables with mics, or using bluetooth cables. Regarding Shure cables, they are compatible since they also use MMCX connections. I’m not certain how well the Shure bluetooth adapters/cables will power the DX2001 though.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #41 of 42
Ill have to check that out. Thank you for your response! So, the MMCX is universal, as in there is only one type of MMCX connector? The two pin connectors are numerous, thats why im confused...
There is only one type of MMCX connector, though there are few brands that modify the connection a little, like Etymotic, that has a notch that prevents rotation. Some other brands also have notches/appendages that prevent rotation. Then there are some Sony IEMs that have the MMCX connection inset, so some cables may not fit. But the actual connection is universal.

You are correct regarding 2 pin connectors, I believe the majority of them are 0.78mm, but there are some that are 0.75mm. Some are flush, some are inset into the IEM, and some sticking out. The ones that stick out AND have rounded ends, are commonly referred to as QDC connectors. Cables with actual QDC connectors, have a sheath that covers the connection, and helps hold the cable in place. You can use standard 0.78mm 2 pin cables with QDC IEMs, though the connection is exposed. One question that I can never get answered is regarding the polarity of 2 pin connections, whether there is any standard, or whether it even matters.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #42 of 42
Exactly why im asking. Thank you for clearing that out :)

Im looking for new cables, and im not sure which connectors i need to pay attention to. So i was wandering if the Shure cables are compatible with DUNU, since there are a lot more cables compatible with Shure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back