Need help for my BHSE
Apr 19, 2020 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

donald123

New Head-Fier
I have a BHSE and a SR-009. I have changed the original Mullard EL34 tubes to another brand. But the sound of my left side became a bit, how should I say, veiled. The higher the volume and the higher the pitch, the more obvious, like playing songs by soprano.

This still happens after I have changed back to the original Mullard tubes. Has anyone experienced this before or know the reason?

I have no another set of headphone or amplifier to test out the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 5
donald123,

One thing you can do is to switch the input cables just to make sure that the problem is not with your source.

If the source is OK, then the problem may well be with the SR-009, a small percentage of which encounter imbalance problems. There are several threads in this forum on this topic. I believe that the only cure would be to send them back to Stax for repair, but that would likely take quite a while. If there is any way you could have them checked by a friend or at an audio equipment store, that will at least let you know if they are the problem.

Sorry I have nothing more helpful to offer.

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 5
I have a bit more clue and I hope it is working.
donald123,

One thing you can do is to switch the input cables just to make sure that the problem is not with your source.

If the source is OK, then the problem may well be with the SR-009, a small percentage of which encounter imbalance problems. There are several threads in this forum on this topic. I believe that the only cure would be to send them back to Stax for repair, but that would likely take quite a while. If there is any way you could have them checked by a friend or at an audio equipment store, that will at least let you know if they are the problem.

Sorry I have nothing more helpful to offer.
ctemkin

Thanks for your advice. I did switch my left and right, but the problem still exist on the left side.

Therefore, the problem should be either with my SR-009 or with my BHSE.

But I think the problem is more likely to be with my BHSE. Because I have discovered that the bias of the bottom left tube cannot be adjusted. The bias is still far from zero no matter how much I have turned the screw.

If this is really the problem. Is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks a lot for your advice again.

Apr 22, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 5
I have never encountered that. I suggest that you describe the situation in an email to support@headamp.com and see what they recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back