• ifi nano idsd 270CAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fiio k5 150

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lilililil

New Head-Fier
Hello first time posting here. I just bought a he400i and am listening to it using a 2i2 and they sound very good however I wanted to power them to their full potential. I live in Canada so finding an amp is insanely hard. I wanted to ask the hifi community if they have any suggestions for headphone amps price range around 300-400 CAD. I wanted to power my speakers as well so I was thinking about the emotiva a100 but its really hard to find it and I don't know if it is a good amp.

Thanks for the help!

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 3
listening to it using a 2i2 and they sound very good however I wanted to power them to their full potential.

If they already sound good with your 2i2, why bother with changing amps? Those amps you listed might technically unlock the 400i's "full potential", but you might also end up not liking how they sound. Ignorance is, sometimes, bliss.

But if you really do want a nice headphone set up, I'd vote for the Magni 2 Uber + your 2i2 as a DAC. That should be plenty for a lot of headphones.

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 3
If they already sound good with your 2i2, why bother with changing amps? Those amps you listed might technically unlock the 400i's "full potential", but you might also end up not liking how they sound. Ignorance is, sometimes, bliss.

But if you really do want a nice headphone set up, I'd vote for the Magni 2 Uber + your 2i2 as a DAC. That should be plenty for a lot of headphones.

Thanks for the reply. I just kept hearing the to unlock full potential part so I just wanted to hear how they sound. I have akg q701 which really needs a good headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back