Need help for dac/preamp for pc and turntable
Jul 10, 2020 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

croissantow

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repost but I need some help with planning my setup.
Im trying to plan out an all in one setup for my pc and turntable but I got stuck.
So these are the equipment I plant to use/buy :
My pc, sennheiser hd 598, Adam audio t5v, Pioneer PLX-500.
I need something that can connect all these.
I was looking at the jds labs ELEMENT II to do all of these but since I'm from the EU buying this add shipping and VAT this got over my budget (300-400euros for the dac/amp).(its sold out in all EU store that I checked.)
Is there an easy way to do this? (recommendations are appreciated)

Thanks.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Which are you planning on buying and which do you current own?

Check the website AVforum, it's located in the UK, they might point you towards the better deals in Europe.

So you need and external DAC/head amp, that also comes with line-input (for the Turntable) and line-output for the studio monitors.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 6
Which are you planning on buying and which do you current own?

Check the website AVforum, it's located in the UK, they might point you towards the better deals in Europe.

So you need and external DAC/head amp, that also comes with line-input (for the Turntable) and line-output for the studio monitors.

Yea I need some kind of a DAC/head amp .
I only have the HD598 currently. Thanks I will check out AVforum

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 6
How much does a Topping DX7 cost local to you, used? What about an Emotiva PT-100 (likely also used, to keep in budget)? The PT-100 isn't the greatest headphone amp, but it's a very capable preamp / DAC, and can drive most headphones until you can afford a separate head amp.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 6
DX7 would be 400euros but it doesnt have rca input right?
The Emotiva PT-100 looks good that should do everything I need. I will try to look for a used one, thanks.

Yeah after looking again DX7 doesn't have anything but digital in (coax, USB, optical, AES).

The Emotiva PT-100 is a solid piece of kit. Not the best DAC in the world (obviously, given price point), not the best anything... but very capable. Even has a remote control.

It's the DAC / preamp in my stereo system, through a Nakamichi PA7-AII amp and Martin Logan reQuest electrostats.

Should do what you want. Can even add Bluetooth later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back