Need help for choosing a DAP around $200
Jun 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cr4p

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys!

I am needing help to find a right DAP for me, I need it for my FiiO E12 + ATHM50. Basically, I enjoy crisp mids to low trebles and not-so-punchy bass (but if bass is needed it should deliver), also wanting a detailed sound. I'm just beginning to switch from the usual phone+earphone guy. Meanwhile I am browsing to a lot of threads and reviews in this site and I find it helpful, but due to my work I have a limited time so any suggestions will be highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 8
iBasso DX50 or Fiio X3 will be your best bets if sound quality is the ultimate factor. A 5.5 generation iPod would give you a little more HD space and smoother UI, but the aforementioned both offer stronger DAC implementation and line-out for adding your amp. 

Honestly though, do you feel like the E12 improves the M50 sound? It's not very hard to drive and you may be able to spend that money elsewhere. 

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 8
I've been lately eyeing for X3 and X5, don't want to go to iPod though. But if sound quality is almost almost comparable with X3 and X5, maybe i'll opt to X3 since it will save me almost $50.

I can hear improvements with E12, I can hear more detailed minor(?) sounds compared to not using the amp. :) also my phone is not forced to go on max volumes always and much clearer on the mids.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 8
  I've been lately eyeing for X3 and X5, don't want to go to iPod though. But if sound quality is almost almost comparable with X3 and X5, maybe i'll opt to X3 since it will save me almost $50.

I can hear improvements with E12, I can hear more detailed minor(?) sounds compared to not using the amp. :) also my phone is not forced to go on max volumes always and much clearer on the mids.

Then I would recommend the X3. With it's newest firmware, it sounds killer and pairs well with the E12. 

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 8

But why not go with X5? Just asking for opinion though. :)

Well I assumed the X5 was out of your price range of $200. I like my X5 more than the X3 + E12 mostly for sheer convenience. The dual TF slots help too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back