Need help for a gift idea
Feb 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

YetAnotherDeveloper

New Head-Fier
i personally don't use IEM's all that much; i'm at my desk most of the day and and just use my HD595s.  My wife on the other hand needs a new pair and i was trying to figure out what would be good for her. she listens to a bit of everything but mostly electronic, ambient but even some hiphop and classical.  she is really all over the map.  She also hates to be overwhelmed with bass so if they were a little light in the bass arena that would be just fine.

I would like to spend around 50$ but would be willing to spend near 100$ if needed. 

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I think she would love the Brainwavz M2. great comfort, good looks, phenominal sound especially for electronic music... in my oppinion unbeatable in its price range. I'd definitely consider buying her these.

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Just letting you know, the cx500 and m2 are both pretty bassy headphones.  Something like the MC5 or re0 would be bass light but I would think that for electronica you would want a decent amount of low end.
Fischer Audio Eternas are very fun headphones that you can consider and meelectronic's newer "upper tier" headphones are great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back