Need help finding the best in ear headphones under 100$
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Exoid

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy some earbuds that have the best sound quality/confort. I have a budjet of 100$.
Also, I would like to use the earbuds as a way to make phone calls, so, I would highly prefer if those earbuds have microphone (I own LG G3 btw, don't know if that might help or not).

I made a list of some earbuds, some don't have microphone, because in the beggining of my research I was just looking for best Hi-Fi earbuds in terms of sound quality/confort and kinda forgot the need of microphone.. It isn't a must, but I would like to have it, if that doesn't compromise much the sound and confort.

Here's the list:

- Yamaha EPH-100

- Audio technica IM50

- Shure SE215

- Audio Technica CKX9is

- Senheiser CX300 II (current on discount on amazon for just 30 bucks)

- Klipsch Image S4i

- Bose IE2

Feel free to add, if you find a better solution for me. This is what I found to be the best according to my research.

Hope you can help me decide my next earbuds.

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 9
Forgot to mention, I like to hear mostly pop, some rap and more chill songs like, from Donavon Frankenreiter. Also like the 80's and feel some base. I would say I have a wide range of musical taste and I'm definitly not looking for some earbuds specific for just heavy metal/base or drum and base kinda of music.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 9
I can't put my input on all but 3 of the headphones listed, shure215 has a nice smooth sound to it with detachable cables (very convenient if you want to be portable) that are memory cables so they won't tangle or break easily but the fit and comfort will take some getting used to.
The klipsch has pretty nice sound/bass for the price but the shures and bose ie2 sound a lot more better and clearer as well with better full spectrum sound.
If comfort is your highest factor and not much durability then bose ie2 is by far the most easiest of the 3 I can listen to all day with, but I warn you they do break easily as I had a friend go through 2 pairs in 3 months (but hes pretty clumsy with iems) and it's pretty subjective as long as you won't tug or abuse your iem's then really all of them last virtually forever. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 9
Thank you so much by your reply. I'm willing to give 100 bucks but I want them to last. By what you are saying, I think I will go with the Shure 215

Sent from my LG-D855

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 9
From experience I really like the Klipsch s4 models, at my local radio shack they have them for $40 and for $5 extra you can get a replacement plan encase they go out. I replaced one pair for free/$5 after 1 1/2 years of daily use.. had to replace them cause i left them outside and lost them in a pile of snow by my car for a few days, when I found them they sort've worked but had lost clarity. Radio shack offers that replacement plan on all their headphones though not just the Klipsch brand. The Bose and the Senheiser are probably just as good if not better but you definitely pay for that bit of extra oomph. Honestly I would suggest testing out some headphones at radio shack (at my local store they let us test any model they have before buying) that way you know exactly how they will sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back