Need help finding something in my range
May 23, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 17
I have a pair of Audio-Technica A900s that I love. They are my first (and only) real set of headphones, so I don't have anything to compare them to. The best way I can describe them is "clear". They are not really bassy, but all the instruments come through very crisp and clearly. When I first listened to them, I could hear a lot stuff that I had never heard before in my music. It was very cool.

They were $190 at audiocubes.com. And the best part is, they don't need an amp.

May 25, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of Audio-Technica A900s that I love. They are my first (and only) real set of headphones, so I don't have anything to compare them to. The best way I can describe them is "clear". They are not really bassy, but all the instruments come through very crisp and clearly. When I first listened to them, I could hear a lot stuff that I had never heard before in my music. It was very cool.

They were $190 at audiocubes.com. And the best part is, they don't need an amp.

Just read a bit more about the 580s, didnt realise the noise cancelling affects waht comes IN to your ears. I just thought if it didnt have noise cancelling it would allow people to hear what you played. Didnt realise this was gonna interfere with what I hear.

having read this, im not sure if these are suitable for outside use. Anyone used them for this before?
I was reading up on the hd280s, they sound alright, dont need an amp/low impedance, and noise cancelling..

Opinions?

Are these anywhere near as good as the 580s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back