Need help finding Sennheiser HD495!
Jul 24, 2001 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Mikey2k

New Head-Fier
I'm having trouble finding a HD495 (tried Best Buy, Good Guys, Circuit City, and Fry's) I really want to hear them before I buy it. Anyone know where I can find one? I'm in Orange County, Calif. Thanks for any info!

Mikey2k

Jul 25, 2001 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 18
um......headroom (headphone.com) has a 30-day return policy. They let you, essentially, try before you buy. Or at least, try before you commit.

(i know, i'm not being much help, but it's the only idea i had....)

Jul 25, 2001 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 18
Go over to the Senn web site and fill out the contest, maybe you will win a pair and not have to buy them like i did.

Rarely lucky. I do not think many actually do this so your odds maybe good. I must have beem the only one that week.

Steve

Jul 28, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Mikey2k
I'm having trouble finding a HD495 (tried Best Buy, Good Guys, Circuit City, and Fry's) I really want to hear them before I buy it...

Well, those ******** mass-market retail "superstores" will NEVER carry any of the higher-rated Senns! And if they carry ANY Senns at all, the best that they'll carry is the crappy HD490! Likewise, they'll never carry any Sony MDR-EX70LP's or any MDR-E888LP's - in fact, they won't carry ANY Sony earbuds priced higher than $30! Screw all of them! (I need a mad face and eek, like this --
mad.gif
+
eek.gif
)

Jul 28, 2001 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 18
Tweeters, here in the US, carries the Senn. 600s...but they cost 399 or so.

They carry several other Sennheiser models....590s, etc....not sure about the 495s tho.

The closest thing to future shop, here in the US, is best buy.

- pearle

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 18
Got 'em today. Very comfortable. I miss StreetStyle not messing up my hair though. Surprisingly they're not as loud as my other headphones...though I can now make out stuff I couldn't before.

Aug 7, 2001 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 18
Well, of course they aren't as loud as your other headphones....the 495's are fairly tough to drive, and the distance of the transducers to your ears (because of the pads) makes em quieter....

Plus, the 495's are made for playing at normal to moderately loud volumes.....

Uh, where did you get em that cheap?

Anyways, if you miss something not messing up your hair, check out the Koss KSC-35's....

Aug 8, 2001 at 12:41 AM Post #15 of 18
you missed it, it was during the scan & save promotion which ended on the 31st. futureshop got hosed, when the online part of it people could keep reapplying until they got the best value discount coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back