NEED HELP FINDING PORTABLE CANS
Apr 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Daniel2579

New Head-Fier
After doing research for days I feel like I am back to square one. I am a modern music type of guy...listening mainly to electronic,house,trance music (bassy music). I read that the audio technicas ath ws55 and the v-moda crossfade lp's are quite bassy and sound good. Any suggestions for a good pair of portables for my genre of music?

Thanks for the help.

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 6
Many people have recommended the v moda m80s to me, its ranked 8th on head fi and its very portable with the case it comes with.

They have said the sound is fantastic and im yet to get my hands on one

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 6
What is your budget? How compact do you want the headphone to be? i assume you want a closed headphone? The Sennheiser HD25-1mk2 for around $200 is very popular. So is the Vmoda M80, which is also around $200. If you budget is around $70-80, you might want to consider the Sony MDR-V6 or Koss Tony Bennett headphone.

The best idea is to find a store where you can listen to several headphones side by side.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 6
One reason I could see going with the Vmoda M80 over the Sennheisers is the fit issues some people have had with them (just being plain uncomfortable to wear over extended periods of time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back