Need help finding high quality headphones for under $70
May 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheFlash93

New Head-Fier
Hello Gentlemen,
I would appreciate your help if you could give me suggestions for some high quality headphones for under $70. I am looking only at IEM or Over The Ear.
I have a iPod Video 5th Gen 60GB and I am ordering a Fiio E11 portable amp for better sound quality. I am trying to start myself slow with becoming a Audiophile.
Thank you for your time and help.

May 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 6
VSonic GR06's are quite nice, not sure about build quality (Had to use warranty within a month after purchase because of driver failure, they broke again a few days ago). They're mid centric, smooth and detailed. Very comfortable (IEM worn over ear), isolation is above average IMO.

Etymotic MC5's are pretty good aswell, they have really good build quality, isolation is fantastic (Can't hear a TV playing at %50 volume with the MC5's) however the sound is pretty analytic. Its cold but kinda warm, the sound isn't fit for everyone. And they go pretty deep into your ears so comfort might be an issue for you. The MC5's costs about 80 dollars so yeah, above your budget.

You should check out http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-281-iems-compared-vsonic-gr07-be-and-r02-silver-added-05-15-13-p-688 and look at the graph.
I've purchased a bunch of IEM's cause of ljokerl's reviews and I've never been disappointed. My next IEM's will be the Etymotic ER-4S.

May 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 6
Koss Portapro, Sennheiser HD 428, Panasonic RP-HTF600

Have only listened to the HD 428 out of those three, I really like the 428, very impressive sound for the price.
I remember it being pretty neutral and having decent detail. Koss KSC75 are pretty good aswell but they're clip-ons so they might not be your thing.

Again, you should check this out http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back