Need help finding comfortable headphones for long distance travel.
May 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rilkal

New Head-Fier
Hello Audio Adepti,

I've had an argument with the buds that came with my iPhone and am looking for replacements. 

I like a wide variety of music from Jazz, Rap, Metal to Classical. A few long podcasts (2+ hours) and audiobooks. Quality varies but is generally 256-320kbps. I'll mostly be using my iPad, iPhone and sound card-less PC

I want to tune out from the rabble around me when I put them and be almost completely absorbed in whatever it is I'm listening to. However I don't want active noise cancellation, I've tried that and the constant humming of the QC15s drove me bonkers. 

As I said above they need to be comfortable for long periods of time as I'll be using them for commuting, lazing about the house and long distance plane journeys. So I feel in ears are out of the question. 

I also have the problem of being unable to try out new headphones as many stores don't allow you to return them due to hygiene issues. The only exception to this is the local Apple store as they have a 14 day return policy in exchange for a very limited selection of non Bose/Beats headphones. 

Can you give a guy a hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back