Need help finding an open back headphone!
Jan 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #16 of 18
My Onkyo is TX-SR707. It is acouple of years old. I think the new replaced model is the TX XR707. I use my XBOX360 HDMI through to my reciever as my music interface. There is a very slight low audio hum so if I really want a low distortion signal I will use my Blu-Ray as my CD player. Yes the amp on my home reciever is much better than the Fiilo E6. Really any home reciever would be a world of difference than any small cheap amp. You get more low end punch and just a better sound. I do have a use for the E6 for it is better than the stock amp inside the Ipod. I have Klipsh S4 and the Sennheiser HD598's and both sound sooo much better running through my home reciever then through the ipod /E6. I do wonder and am going to start a thread at some point asking how much better a desiganted headphone AMP is better than a home Reciever amp. I am curious what a difference would make using a $250 headphone amp over going through my home reciever if it would really be worth the cost. I read the specs on the Fiilo E6 and E7 and both have the same specs. The difference between the two is that the E7 have a built in DAC.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
My Onkyo is TX-SR707. It is acouple of years old. I think the new replaced model is the TX XR707. I use my XBOX360 HDMI through to my reciever as my music interface. There is a very slight low audio hum so if I really want a low distortion signal I will use my Blu-Ray as my CD player. Yes the amp on my home reciever is much better than the Fiilo E6. Really any home reciever would be a world of difference than any small cheap amp. You get more low end punch and just a better sound. I do have a use for the E6 for it is better than the stock amp inside the Ipod. I have Klipsh S4 and the Sennheiser HD598's and both sound sooo much better running through my home reciever then through the ipod /E6. I do wonder and am going to start a thread at some point asking how much better a desiganted headphone AMP is better than a home Reciever amp. I am curious what a difference would make using a $250 headphone amp over going through my home reciever if it would really be worth the cost. I read the specs on the Fiilo E6 and E7 and both have the same specs. The difference between the two is that the E7 have a built in DAC.

My Onkyo SR706B and brand new Yamaha RX-V671 had no problem powering my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.
I switched to Yamaha because they come with Silent Cinema, which provides surround sound for headphones.
A $250 headphone amplifier should (guess) would power headphones better then the receiver.
You get to use the Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit DACs in the receiver for the external headphone amplifier.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:

Thanks for that detailed info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back