Need Help Finding amp/sound card/software for ath-ad900x
Nov 17, 2014 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stevendom

New Head-Fier
I have decided that I am going to buy ath-ad900x's for gaming use and music listening. Is there any amp/soundcard/software that I need to get the 7.1 gaming surround sound? I have a asus z97 a motherboard which is supposed to have pretty good onboard audio, so is it good enough? Also, an amp/soundcard/software that will significantly improve audio. I really don't want to pay much for this kind of thing so $50 is max, unless you convince me to get a better one. I also kinda have a dream to get ath-m50s and I cant get both headphones, is there any amp/soundcard/software that will make the m50's good enough for gaming. Sorry if i sound stupid i'm a real noob at this stuff. Thanks.    

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 6
Just plug the AD900Xs straight into the motherboard, for now.
Which make and model motherboard do you have?

For your budget ($50) about the only option for a sound card is the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 6
  Just plug the AD900Xs straight into the motherboard, for now.
Which make and model motherboard do you have?

For your budget ($50) about the only option for a sound card is the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60.

Wow you are on all my threads 
thanks
I have an asus z97 a motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132118
but how do I get that surround sound does it just come naturally with really open soundstage.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 6
  Wow you are on all my threads 
thanks
I have an Asus Z97 a motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132118
but how do I get that surround sound does it just come naturally with really open sound stage.

Your motherboard has the Realtek ALC892 audio processor and uses Realtek software.

Surround sound is processed by the audio processor (and main CPU?) built into the motherboard (or add-on sound card),
then the headphone surround sound is sent off to the headphones.

The SB-Z should be an improvement over the ALC892.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 6
  Your motherboard has the Realtek ALC892 audio processor and uses Realtek software.

Surround sound is processed by the audio processor (and main CPU?) built into the motherboard (or add-on sound card),
then the headphone surround sound is sent off to the headphones.

The SB-Z should be an improvement over the ALC892.

ok do you think that would give 7.1 surround sound to the ath m50s

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 6
  ok do you think that would give 7.1 surround sound to the ATH-M50s

I believe the SB-Z is limited to 5.1 headphone surround sound.
So it will gives 5.1 headphone surround sound to the ATH-M50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back