Need help finding a pair of headphones for around 300$
Oct 17, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #106 of 111
For me, that style of music does best with a v-shaped sound like the Beyerdynamic DT990. There's energy on my Q701's, but it's not engaging down low. That's subjective. Do you mostly listen to YouTube or higher quality files? The K7XX is pretty revealing of that stuff.

I have all FLAC songs for Eurobeat, or at least (I would assume) high quality Mp3.  There is also some "m4a" extensions, but not too sure what those are, but they are rare.

I'm not big of a ton of bass, but a good amount.  I was also just messing with realtek's Stereo settings on my 5.1 setup (since I've woken people up lately with the bass even when I turn it all the way off).  Stereo I can get rid of it with "realtek's" "maxxBass" and turn it all the way down.  If I adjust "Max Treble" in some parts of the first song above songs SOOOO nice, but other parts not too sure that it sounds all that good...  I feel that it brings the songs more "to life."  That's why I'm not sure if these warm headphones will do it...??????  

I'm not sure why the HRM-7's were so piercing...  Maybe "MaxxTreble" is setup in a way that it doesn't hurt the ears, while enhancing treble...?  Not too sure...

I'm listing to this song now

and I have it at "MaxxTreble" 100%, and it sounds sooooo goood!  If I turn it off it sounds very "dull" to me, and just not as exciting to me.

I feel that it gets a little harsh at 100%, and I could just turn the volume up, as the "MaxxTreble seems to also increase volume"

I don't know anymore.... LOL....

Oh yes...<3

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #107 of 111
The MaxxTreble function probably works by EQ, reverb, and adding harmonics to the treble to make it sound a certain way that is very far from the recording. Headphones won't have that ability.

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #108 of 111
  The MaxxTreble function probably works by EQ, reverb, and adding harmonics to the treble to make it sound a certain way that is very far from the recording. Headphones won't have that ability.

One person I was talking to via PM was saying that my room and the dampening and all of the other "variables" in my room would affect that, but when I turn it off, to on there is a HUGE difference.

I can understand the terms "warm" and "dull" just by turning it off, and the terms "bright" or "fun" or "exciting/energetic" by turning it on.

It's a software thing, so it will affect my headphones as well, and it did a bit on the HRM-7's, when I was messing with the "BASS," because the "MAXXBass" was KILLINg my ears, while other people said the "Bass was recessed" or "very little," on the HRM-7's...  So I guess the software can do anything with the source.

The person in PM said that "MAxxTreble wont affect what I like," but I was saying I can clearly hear the differences, and if we are talking about sound signature, and what I like, I find that this information is important in knowing what sound I like, but maybe it means nothing to everytone else...?   I think that if I like it one way, it will help decide what my signature an what kind of HP I should get...

Lol....

MaxxTreble Crystal-Clear High Frequencies

When it comes to small speaker systems – especially those without separate tweeters – oftentimes high frequency detail gets "lost in translation," resulting in lackluster, inarticulate sound, while other (sometimes less-than-pleasant) mid-high frequencies are boosted to over-compensate for the missing sonic information. MaxxTreble brings back those missing highs, and restores luster to compressed formats like mp3s and TV sound, using an ingenious proprietary process.  

MaxxTreble high-frequency enhancement lets you hear every nuance of your music and movies, with crisp, breathtaking detail and unparalleled clarity.

Based on the acclaimed professional Waves C1 Compressor/Expander, MaxxTreble applies a powerful, customizable combination of equalization and parallel high-level compression to the selected frequency range between 500 Hz and 20 kHz. The end result is a crystal-clear sound experience, so you can reach those highest highs, with increased RMS levels that don't exceed your system ceiling.

In another thread we came to the "conclusion" that I apparently was having an issue with one band around 2mhz-6mhz which apparently is a range that affects all people....  http://www.head-fi.org/t/784365/whats-more-important-a-good-dac-or-a-good-amp/90#post_12002183

It seems that I still enjoy a "brighter pair," but not sure what I should look for...

I think "warmth" is going to not be good for me......

I'm glad we figured out the issue, I found a graph of the HRM-7's and that's what user @goodyfresh was able to figure out!

Also, one user said I need a "fast" pair of headphones, since my music is very fast, and has a lot of "detail."   One user said the music is "frenetic...."  (Not sure if that's an audiophile term or not :p).

I think I've been on the wrong track this second time...  I know I like brighter music and sounds, and this maxxxtreble makes everything so much nicer, but if that high-mids to low-highs is the frequency that's hurting me, then I need to get rid of that, and make everything else "come to life.."

A lot of comments are leaning towards a "V" shaped headphone pair but how many are "Fast" and "qualified" for my music.... :frowning2:? :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #109 of 111
Wow, you misunderstood that explaination to an almost comical degree. That's not even remotely close to what I said.

What I was trying to explain to you is this:
Liking "Maxx Treble" with your speaker setup at home does not necessarily mean that you will like a bright headphone.

Cranking up the treble on a speaker that is 10 feet away from your body is not the same as cranking up the treble on a headphone speaker that is 1 inch away from your ear.

You may very well like bright headphones, but the settings you use on your SPEAKERS are a very poor indicator for this. That is what I was trying to explain to you.

I'm trying to prevent you from making the same mistake twice. The Pioneers were obviously too bright for you. All I'm saying is you should demo some stuff before you go and buy another bright headphone that you hate.

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #110 of 111
Wow, you misunderstood that explaination to an almost comical degree. That's not even remotely close to what I said.

What I was trying to explain to you is this:
Liking "Maxx Treble" with your speaker setup at home does not necessarily mean that you will like a bright headphone.

Cranking up the treble on a speaker that is 10 feet away from your body is not the same as cranking up the treble on a headphone speaker that is 1 inch away from your ear.

You may very well like bright headphones, but the settings you use on your SPEAKERS are a very poor indicator for this. That is what I was trying to explain to you.

I'm trying to prevent you from making the same mistake twice. The Pioneers were obviously too bright for you. All I'm saying is you should demo some stuff before you go and buy another bright headphone that you hate.

Just glanced over your comments when you pm'd me to them.  YOu spoke about dampening and other room "factors" changing the sound.

As for my speaker setup, my speakers are about 2 feet away from me, if that.  I understand that speakers and headphones are different, but sound is sound.  If I like the sound of the treble higher, that would indicate I want brighter headphones, no?   The settings themselves might be completely different from anything a pair of HPs can offer, though....

I appreciate the concern, but as I posted you the graph, and the comments in the other thread, is it the brightness that really affected me, or this band from this pair specifically? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

As I said with this software setting it really is a huge difference with sound.  The Headphones might be great being "Warmer" but something is definitely becoming much better with these settings.

I'm not going to buy anything until I try out some more pairs, but I would like to norrow down my choices :).

Overall the more I ask, and the more I discover, the better chances I'll be able to find exactly what I want.... :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #111 of 111
Here Eurobeat, maybe this will add some clarity to what I'm talking about. I realize that trying to simplify ccomplex issues into a short exchange can leave some room for misinterpretation, so hopefully this will give you a little more context: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-frequency-response-part-one#ZVXvuyTBf9IGFusR.97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back