Need help finding a genre, or perhaps a group/artist
May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ninjikiran

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been searching for a while, on and off but to no real success. Something with sort of a gothic classical mixed with trance or some other fast paced genre.

The closest I get is symphonic metal which I enjoy but isn't what I was originally looking for.

YouTube - Oblivion DJ MAX

That is an example of the sort of sounds I am looking for mixed together. I know some of you will not enjoy the sample as much, bear with me as it comes from a game(though I enjoy it). The game labels it as "Dramatic Trance" but I can't seem to find anything on it so I doubt it is a "real" genre/sub genre or one so small I am just barking up the wrong sites.

May 10, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 5
I advise you to go to the site The Metal Crypt. They have an excellnt section explaining the different types of metal and some bands that are in them. You could probaly find something interesting there.

May 10, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 5
It reminded me of Japanese style game music, and sure enough, it's game music (Korean though, but close enough for me :p). I really don't know what you'd class it as. I'd suggest searching for some "typical" Japanese games and see if you can find similar music. Even search for some Japanese techno, jazz, or something like that, and if you're lucky you'll find something similar.

May 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back