Need Help: DT770/80 vs DT700/250 vs Denon D1100 vs Ultrasone HFI 780
Dec 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cino

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fiers,
I'm a long time lurker on this forum. I have owned M50 for quite awhile now, and I really love the can except slightly lacks of bass response and slightly recess mid( still awesome cans). I'm thinking about getting new cans for this holiday. My next cans will be for portable use. I will get E11 and hook it up with my next can and my M50 ( I would like to hear if there is any better portable amp for under 100 too).
I'm a basshead and I listen to hip hop/ r&b/ pop/ some alternative rock. After I'd been searching around for a bit, my choices are narrowed down to DT770/80, DT770/250, Denon D1100, or Ultrasone HFI780. 
I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 4
I suggest you get the E11 and try it with your M50s first, as my impression is that they benefit from the amping.

However, if you're still interested, look past the Denons at least. I can't say for sure, since I don't own them, but the predecessor to Denon D1100 is IMO far from being in the same league as M50. They need to have made a truck load of work on them to make it a contender to the M50. D1001 was a good headphone for about $40. Can't imagine that D1100 would be that much better - but who knows, stranger things has happened. At least audition them first.

I also think that Fischer Audio FA-003/Brainwavz HM 5 might be of interest. I haven't heard them myself so I can't really personally recommend them, but I hear good things about them.

As for the FiiO E11, it's a fine amp. It'll do fine, but you could also look into the Electric Avenues PA2V2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back