Need Help Deciding
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Outphaze

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I need some good advice as to which audio device I should buy.(I don't know much about headphones/earphones - everyone told me to come here)!

First off: I am going to college next year and living in a dorm room. I will be purchasing a laptop along with Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers.

Here is what I need:

A NICE set of either headphones or earphones. I have always been a headphones guy myself - most earphones I put in my ear hurt after 10-15 minutes of them sitting there... (Ipod ones for example) And I just think the overall comfort for Headphones is unbeatable. I demo'd a pair of -Creative Aurvana X-Fi headphones at a local retailer recently and I really enjoyed them. Excellent comfort, great noise cancellation and good sound quality as far as I could tell.

1) I want good noise cancellation.

2) I would *prefer* the outside noise (what other people hear) to be minimal - as I will be in a dorm room a lot of the time.

3) 95% of my music is from LW - The quality obviously isn't the best, and I listen to alot of .mp3's. I don't have super-high-quality music files on my computer.

4) My budget goes up to $300 USD.

What do you guys think? Would buying an expensive ~ $300 headphone/earphone make my music sound bad hence the bad quality? The songs sound fine blasting on my Klipsch speakers.

Thanks for all your help!

-Outphaze

*Edit*
Is this the best forum to post this question in?

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 3
I listen to all different types of music, EXCEPT techno/classical/emo usually..

Yep - I will be using them on a Laptop/iPhone - Does that change anything?

Thanks for the recommendations - Will both of these sound find (loudness) on the iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back