Need Help Deciding What Headphones to Get For $100-$130
May 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Danny1

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am completely, brand-spanking new to this website! I am not very fond with many headphones, but I hope to be. I am going to be buying an Ipod Touch soon, and I want the best, over-ear noise cancelation (isolation) headphones there are for $100-$130. I want headphones that can produce good bass. I have listened to Beats, didn't think they were anything special. However, I did listen to the Bose AE2 and thought they were pretty awesome, but as I got home and looked them up they seemed to have been bashed pretty badly for bad bass and price. So that leads me to my question, what is the best pair of noise cancelation, over-ear headphones for the $100-$130 price?

May 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello, I am completely, brand-spanking new to this website! I am not very fond with many headphones, but I hope to be. I am going to be buying an Ipod Touch soon, and I want the best, over-ear noise cancelation (isolation) headphones there are for $100-$130. I want headphones that can produce good bass. I have listened to Beats, didn't think they were anything special. However, I did listen to the Bose AE2 and thought they were pretty awesome, but as I got home and looked them up they seemed to have been bashed pretty badly for bad bass and price. So that leads me to my question, what is the best pair of noise cancelation, over-ear headphones for the $100-$130 price?

Denon D1100 is pretty bass heavy, but needs an amp to keep it all in check.  Passive isolation tho, I don't think many people would recommend active nose canceling on these boards.

It can be had for about $100 if you look around.

May 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 3
As I said I'm new to headphones so your going to have to explain some of those terms for me please. Whats the amp, boards, and what do you mean by passive isolation? Also I heard the Audio-Technica ATHM50S  were good, think I should get those, and do they have good bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back