Need help deciding to fix or send in for repairs...
Dec 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hedmaster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I have a pair of DT880s that are only a few months old. A few days ago the right side went out on me. A few minutes later it came back on, and has been on and off since.

Probably a loose solder joint, simple enough-just open it up and solder it back, right?

But, would I be better off sending them in and getting them fixed, or possibly replaced? They are only a few months old, and I could go without them during the time it takes to repair them.

What do you think? Is it worth it to send them in, or should I just solder them on my own and save the hassle?

Also, if I did re-solder, does that void the warranty? I only scanned their warranty policy, so if anyone knows for sure, that would be helpful.

I haven't abused them in any way. I take very good care of my things, I appreciate having a nice pair of phones like these.

I appreciate any guidance and wisdom you could bring to the table.

Matt
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 2
I personally don't know about the warranty information, but I wouldn't tamper with it unless you know for certain that the problem is as simple as you think it is.
I got bit pretty hard when I opened up my PS3 to fix it thinking that it was just a dirty laser, when it turned out the laser unit was shot but I voided the warranty so ended up paying $100 to get it fixed rather than being free :-/ I was just hoping to be able to do it myself and not have to deal with shipping it and waiting for them to send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back