Need help deciding on speakers
Feb 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

terrorific35

New Head-Fier
I'm about to upgrade my Harmon Kardon Soundstick II's on my computer and am stuck between two speakers right now. The sound card off one of the two computers they could be used on are the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional or the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium(probably this one). The speakers I am looking at right now are the Adam Audio Artist 3's and the Swan M200MKIII. I've read nothing but good reviews about both but am unsure which one to get. And yes I know there is a slight price difference between the two. Or should I try to hold off and wait for the new Paradigm Monitor Atom's that are being made for the computer. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 7
I had the original Swans M200, and recommend them for the music that I like - Jazz/Vocal, very smooth speakers.  Work very well nearfield with your computer.  I originally ran them with the XFi card.  The amp is in one of the speakers, and both inputs go into it.  There are speaker terminals on the back of both, and you run the speaker cable from the one with the amp to the other one.

Have not heard the newer version.

Feb 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 7
You should get a proper sub aswell then, them desktop speakers with there 4-5inch drivers aren't gonna deliver massive amounts of bass, they roll off around 60hz.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 7
How much are the Adam's? Tough choice though. Swans are great...no question, but I've heard the same about Adam's as well. I'd love to hear a set myself.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back