need help deciding on portable cans
Dec 26, 2006 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xstephanx

Head-Fier
Well its xmas, and i have about 200$US to spend on headphones. I listen to a lot of metal, classic/hard rock etc, but also have been known to listen to a lot of jazz, sigur ros, rachel's type indie stuff. As of now i don't have an amp, so the source will either be a portable CD player, my computer soundcard(creative soundblaster), my dedicated yamaha cd players internal amp(actually rather good!) or for ultimate convenience, ill just grab my mp3 phone and run out the door(in which case i have an "anything is better than nothing" philosophy). i also have a slew of integrated amplifiers with headphone outs i can try on a rainy day.

However i DO plan to upgrade to a LDM+ or similar in the near(ish) future. These phones will be used everywhere, alot at home, alot sitting down in class, and every time i ride the subway/bus(but i don't mind hauling around big cans, or just leaving them hanging around my neck)

So ive narrowed it down to between two phones really, the beyerdynamic dt770-80, and the UE super.fi5 pros. Radically different phones i know. comfort is not an issue for me with IEMs as i actually find them quite comfortable.

I know that either way i go, ill be very happy, but im having alot of trouble deciding between those two. So i really just need to know, if you were in MY situation, which one would YOU go for? if you could gimme a reason that would also be nice!

happy holidays everyone
icon10.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 2
also sorry if these seems like another a vs b comparison, but after a half hour of searchign all i could find were comparions to the EB super fi, and a couple peoepl ditching their dt 770s and considering a IEMs for portable reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back