Need help deciding on budget computer audio bookshelf speaker system
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

magicmarker

New Head-Fier
Im new to "high" end audio (high compared to the average $40 speakers from walmart). I am looking to create a bookshelf speaker system to run from my laptop where it will be mostly mp3 files (i mostly listen to alternative such as the black keys or the neighbourhood but i like acoustic as well). im not totally sure how to set upa good system to be honest but i think i would go from pc-> DAC->amp->speakers. is this even the proper method or do i need some sort of reciever

For speakers im looking at either the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 ($350)-this is my first choice and what i will probably go with, or the Audioengine P4 ($249) but im open to all reccommendations in this price range

For DAC im thinking either the ODAC or Schitt modi (once again open to recommendations).

For the amp... i have no idea. what would make a good amp for this setup. the only one i could find is the N22, but is this powerful enough for the wharfedale diamond? is there something better i could choose. for the amp $200 is the goal max but i may be able to push 250... maybe

also would it eventually be helpful to have a dedicated subwoofer... this isnt in my immediate budget but down the road.

Note: currently i own the vmoda m-100's and a fiio E7 which is where most of my listening is done. the plan is if i get the odac i can eventually invest in the O2 (or the modi with the magni or really any headphone combination like that).

Please any input would be great im kinda lost. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back