Need help deciding on a set of interconnects: UPDATED
Oct 29, 2008 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

GMF2010

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently having a PPA v2 + STEPS built. In the meantime, I'm trying to find the best set of interconnects to connect it to my Audiotrak Prodigy HD2. Based on the posts I've read, it seems the Blue Jeans Cable is the best bang for the buck cable out there. I also read some positive comments about the Zu Oxyfuel cable as well. Between the 2 cables, which ones do you guys prefer? Please only respond if you have personal experience with either cable. If you know of a better cable in this price range, I would love to hear your feedback as well.

note: Ideally, I'd like the cable to be in the 4 foot range. 1 meter would make it, if need be, but I would like a little extra slack. I am willing to spend as much as $50 dollars, give or take, depending on what this post yields.

Update: Keep in mind that this cable will be going from the amp (on my desk), straight down the back of my desk into my computer, thus some flexibility is required. Also, the cable needs to be somewhat resistant to interference, as I have quite an array of adapters, cables, etc. plugged into the surge protector right behind my computer.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Greg

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 12
Are you aware of the Zu cable promotional eBay sales? I got my Oxyfuel for ~$31 shipped that way. I just got my amp and cdp tonight so I plugged it all in and it sounds great. Can't say anything about any of the pieces because I have 3 new things. They are very stiff and well made, but you can bend them if needed and it won't affect performance. The jacks are tight but not tight enough to do any damage.

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you aware of the Zu cable promotional eBay sales? I got my Oxyfuel for ~$31 shipped that way. I just got my amp and cdp tonight so I plugged it all in and it sounds great. Can't say anything about any of the pieces because I have 3 new things. They are very stiff and well made, but you can bend them if needed and it won't affect performance. The jacks are tight but not tight enough to do any damage.

If you mean the 10% off deal, then yes. I just saw that e-mail today. Did you get the 1 meter cable or did you specify a greater length upon winning the auction?

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMF2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean the 10% off deal, then yes. I just saw that e-mail today. Did you get the 1 meter cable or did you specify a greater length upon winning the auction?

Well, specifically I was just making sure you weren't paying retail from the official site or a reseller. Didn't know about the eBay coupon.

I won the 1m auction and actually had them shorten it to .5m, which really is longer than I needed, but I wasn't sure. If i need another RCA IC I might have them make me a 1ft IC.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #6 of 12
Still looking for some more input and suggestions of other cables in this price range that suit my needs. My amp is going to be sitting on a nice piece of furniture, so a fancy looking cable wouldn't hurt, but as always, I'll take a hit in looks for quality.

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 12
I just finished looking for new ICs and 2 brands ended up on my Radar. AudioQuest abd Kimber Kable. I wanted copper and they both offer copper. One difference is the shielding, if this cable will pass near any powersupplies or power cords or even digital coax I would go for AQ as they are fully shielded. The Kimbers are beautiful and if shielding isnt a huge concern then give them a look as well. I bought the AQ King Cobra, distortion is eliminated and the bass is nice and full and the top end is smooth and sweet. From all my reading people seem to think the Kinbers are more neutral with a larger sound stage.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 12
Oxyfuel might be too stiff, why not step up and go for Gede, it's silver/copper.
Grover Sc and Signal Cable Silver Reference are also nice budget silver IC.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 12
I need the cable to be at least a little over 3.3 feet (1 meter), but preferably longer. That signal cable would cost over $120 dollars to achieve this, which is a bit absurd in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back