Need Help Deciding on a new pair of Headphones ($500 or under)
May 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

OfficialRosche

New Head-Fier
I'm a 16 year old Hip/Hop enthusiast and am looking to purchase my first real headphones. I currently have Beats Pro's but I'm dying to get rid of them and trade them in. I'm very highly invested in music production, music management and marketing so its a rather big part of my life. The 2 headphones I'm considering right now are the BeoPlay H6 and the HiFiMan HE-400i. I don't really like the whole open back design with the HiFiMan but I also don't like how the BeoPlay is not a full over ear headphone. I'll be running the headphones through a NX2 Amp which has been getting rave reviews. I listen to Chance the Rapper and "lighter" rap but at the same time I can always mix it in with some J Cole or occasionally go on the opposite side of the spectrum and listen to some U2, Jack Johnson or John Mayer. I just want to hear your suggestions. Please also, the aesthetic design of the headphone does matter, its just a personal preference so drab, bland headphones most likely won't be taken into consideration. I know thats a very "teenager" thing to say but its just a personal preference and I hope it doesnt annoy anyone too much. Are there are alternatives to the HiFiMan that don't have an open back?
All suggestions are appreciated!

May 29, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey, I responded to your other thread. Best just to stick to one thread so as not to split the conversation :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/769694/best-headphones-under-400-certain-criteria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back