Need Help Deciding First Customs Max 400
Oct 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redvanilla

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a 15 year old guy living in Sydney Australia looking into getting my first customs and I'm willing to spend up to 400 dollars, not including impression and shipping costs. I asked Unique Melody about getting customs at 15 and they said that it's alright even though I'm not fully grown and that it doesn't really matter as long as I'm not planning to lose or gain a lot of weight or have an unexpected growth spurt and as I'm around 180cm right now, I don't think I'll be having any growth spurts.

For $400 it looks like I'm looking at mostly dual driver customs, ie. JH5s, 1964 ears duals, etc. I listen to mosly rock and blues like RHCP, Guns n Roses, Hendrix, SRV, Joe Bonamassa etc. I'm not looking for tonnes of bass, mostly mids. Which pair of customs do you think is best for the genre? Of course, I'm willing to buy used and that brings in some triple driver customs as well, so what would be better? I'm also up for universals, mostly Heir Audio and Westone. How do their 3 or 4 driver universals compare to the dual driver customs? Would I be better off getting some universals instead of customs? I know getting customs can be bit of a hassle, especially getting refits.

Cheers.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Universal IEMs...

Customs WILL need to be refitted on an average of every two years.

Plus if you don't like the sound of the universal, it's easy to resell them vs customs.

Just my opinion, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back