Need help deciding between KEF M500 and NAD HP50S
Oct 17, 2015 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

haozhendeng

New Head-Fier
I auditioned the HP50S at a local store for about an hour and really enjoyed it. I haven't had the chance to listen to the M500 for myself, but I'm intrigued by all the good reviews on the Internet. So which one is a winner?

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 3
  I auditioned the HP50S at a local store for about an hour and really enjoyed it. I haven't had the chance to listen to the M500 for myself, but I'm intrigued by all the good reviews on the Internet. So which one is a winner?

Off the topic, but do you find the bass on the HP50 to be punchy, deep and tight enough?

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 3
I rate both the HP50 and M500 as excellent headphones- I feel the HP50 is the slightly tighter and brighter of the two, but the M500 appeals more to me as the smoothness and exceptional midrange work together really well. For me, the HP50 is deep, tight and bright enough alright.

Maybe the designs might make a difference as the HP50 is technically an over-ear model and the M500 is an on-ear which leads to a certain amount of snugness between earpad and ear. The M500 does fold up smaller and is certainly better for portability in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back