Need help/criticism for my planned pc audio setup
May 9, 2015 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HiddenFatKid

Head-Fier
Hey guys!

So I'm a college freshman, and I plan to have a decent audio setup in my dorm room, mainly looking for a pair of headphones, since I can buy a Schiit Stack from my friend for a very good price! I'm getting a pair of ATH-M50x's soon so I can have a portable set of cans for my phone, laptop, and even dat gameboy advance :wink: 

I plan to buy a cheap-ish ($60) 2.1 speaker system and connect it to a sound card to get some push from them, I won't be using it much, except when hanging out with people, or showing them some funny cat videos

To go along with the Schiit Stack, I'm looking for some nice cans (preferably close-backed because I'll be living with someone) that can be driven nicely by the Schiit Stack. I've been looking at the Behrdynamic DT990 Pro's (the 250 ohm edition), but other than those, I'm pretty clueless on what to get. My budget is $200 at most, but I'll be looking for used first over on reddit at /r/avexchange and /r/hardwareswap to grab a good deal on some non-abused cans. 

The setup will be used for some minor video editing (SFM mostly) and tons of music and gaming! I listen mainly to rap and rock, the latter being more prominent. I'm not into bass-heavy music, but it definitely need to have some punch! 

If you need any more information, feel free to ask! Any criticism or advice is helpful!

Thanks for reading!

May 9, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Never used them, but the SoundMagic HP200 seems to get good feedback.
Or the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X, better mids (stronger vocals) then the DT990.

May 9, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 4
  Never used them, but the SoundMagic HP200 seems to get good feedback.
Or the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X, better mids (stronger vocals) then the DT990.

Thanks for the reply! But I am looking for some closed-back over open, since I'll be living with someone, and there's gonna be a lot of noise in the background most likely

May 9, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok, how about the SoundMagic HP150.
Never used any of the SoundMagic headphones, but they seems to get good feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back