Need help connecting dss2, mixamp 5.8, xbox 360 and hd598
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cg13

New Head-Fier
I have my xbox 360, sennheiser hd598 headphones, modmic external mike, dss2, mixamp 5.8, and every cable possible lol.

I have read sites that said you could run the dss2 to process the surround sound, and the mixamp to power chat, and control game and voice volume.

The problem is, no thread showing two identical setups, and none have worked.

So here is how I have it "working" ATM, however the mixamp doesn't control chat volume, or anything when I turn the volume knob.

I had the optical cable running to the dss2.
Headphones plugged into the dss2 headphone out.

Headset buddy to headphone jack on I mixamp rx. Modmic plugged into pink headset buddy jack.
Chat cable from controller to mixamp controller jack.

Like I said that setup works with dss2 volume adjusting game volume, but mixamp definitely improved chat, the volumes doesn't work.

If I eliminate the mixamp chat is really low.

I tried running a cable from dss2 headphone out to mixamp aux in, disabling Dolby on mixamp tx, but this gives no sound, game or chat. Which is disappointing bc this is the setups it's describe working, and makes sense? Yet it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Mixamp has poor game sound compared to the dss2, the dss2 is superb. However it can't mix chat and game sound. So I've heard people using their old mixamp to control the game/ chat mixing volume.

Anyone able to take an educated guess how to connect all this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back