need help confirming if cx 95 are counterfeits
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #16 of 22
I am curious as well. I was just about to buy from the same seller.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 22
Here is the reply I got from Amazon Cust Service regarding the Sennheiser CX95 that I bought from their marketplace through SKP seller:
(BUT look at Sennheiser's reply after this post below too)

Hello Herman,

I do understand your concern.

[size=small]I've checked our website and confirmed that this item "Sennheiser CX95 Style Series In-Ear Monitor" is guaranteed original.[/size]

All items purchased from Amazon.com are brand new, manufacturer sealed package and authentic.

However, if you buy an item and discover it's not what you expected, you can return it for a full refund.

Our online Returns Center guides you through the process and gives you a printable return mailing label:

Amazon.com - Returns Center

Once we receive your return we will issue a full refund.

If you have any further questions, please visit our online Help pages:

Amazon.com: Help

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=frryvbgg3402705397
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=frryvbgg3402705397

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Rahul S.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

---------------
08/28/09 09:10:52
Your Name:Herman
Order Id: 102-3748975-xxxxxxxxxxx
Comments:Hi,

Is this earphones, Sennheiser CX95, that I bought from you guaranteed ORIGINAL or not?
Could you please verify & let me know?

Thank you,
---------------

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #19 of 22
Below is the reply I got from Sennheiser USA asking about the originality of Sennheiser CX95 I bought from Amazon marketplace through SKP seller:
[size=small]
This is not an authorized dealer, so unfortunately I cannot verify the integrity of the goods in question. We have been sold out of CX 95 for several months, so I am skeptical about this dealer.
[/size]

This is my original email to them:

Name of product: Sennheiser CX 95
Website: Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Dealer/Seller Name: SKP Group
Dealer Contact:
Additional dealer contact information (if any).:
Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser CX95 Style Series In-Ear Monitor

Other details (be specific).:
I have just bought Sennheiser CX 95 from this dealer (fulfillment by Amazon). Somehow I suspect the item is fake.
I can't get the original to compare anymore from the authorized dealers on your websites such as apple store or frys.
So how can I tell that it's original or fake?
These are what I notice from the one I received:
1) The Sennheiser logo on the carrying case is engraved, not printed. (Is the original engraved or printed)
2)On bottom of the box, printed: Sennheiser is a trademark of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG Sennheiser Worldwide - Evolution Kopfhörer Mikrofon Akustik Made in China I couldn't find this printed on the box: " sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG . Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany"
3) The gold letter "CX 95" on the Y joint reflexes light when I use flash light. Is it supposed to reflect light if it's original?
Those 3 indicators, I found them from searching online. Somebody who claimed to have bought the original, noticed those indicators.
Here is the forum link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...1/#post5680068
So could you please tell me if mine is counterfeit or original? It's still under Amazon warranty so I can return it if it's fake.
Thank you, Herman

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #20 of 22
This is what I mean when I talk about buying from Amazon and not a third party seller. Doesn't mean they're fake, but obviously Sennheiser can't guarantee that they genuine.

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
I heard there are no fake cx95. But I need to be sure $80.00 is a big deal for me.

I saw it in a local computer buy & sell sort of website. Will you help me the determine if its authentic. The seller says it has no packaging and it is genuine. The buyers praise him for selling them good sennheiser in-ears but I could not determine if they are just accustomed to generic ear buds and any upgrade would just be better.

here is the site: cx95

Is it possible that they are genuine but has a defect that is why it has no package?

or is it just a fake?

So did you end up buying it from Jerry/TipidPC? How was it? Thanks.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
I had ( and use) genuine for one year , but i've lost it ( that's why i bought new ones) , I keept the real box . and i remember all of the accesories wich is deliver in it .Here is the differences :
- The box isn't recovered by a plastic film wich mattify the box'aspect
- There is not the " mp3/iphone/ipod compatible" seal - The printing process is vague(not as clear as the genuine )
- some sentences /annotations are missing ( under Sennheiser is a trademark of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG) : " sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG . Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany"
-The genuine box is a little shorter than the false box.
- The texture is not the same . and the build quality too , ( Litte Chink between part of the headphones themselves. Engraving " Sennheiser" is not glossy on genuine - The Shirt clip is not in the box.- The packaging of accesories was not well assembled. and proper

The travelbox as engraved . in genuine its just printed

I hope you are wrong, because if you're right then mine are definitely fake. The travel box has engraved letters and the label is glossy, there is no "clip" (but on the list of accessories there didn't say there was either), the cx95 logo wiresplitter is BRANCHING instead of rectangular as displayed on all websites, there is no "mp3 ipod compatible" seal. I bought these from BOOMDEALZ on Amazon. They have 100% feedback... but what do consumers know these days..

I would like more opinions and/or experiences with this please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back