need help confirming if cx 95 are counterfeits
Nov 28, 2008 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

borgsm1

New Head-Fier
I heard there are no fake cx95. But I need to be sure $80.00 is a big deal for me.

I saw it in a local computer buy & sell sort of website. Will you help me the determine if its authentic. The seller says it has no packaging and it is genuine. The buyers praise him for selling them good sennheiser in-ears but I could not determine if they are just accustomed to generic ear buds and any upgrade would just be better.

here is the site: cx95

Is it possible that they are genuine but has a defect that is why it has no package?

or is it just a fake?

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 22
lol the price is in php , PHILIPPINES ! yr filipino ? lol , i am , but anyways .. i think its fake because lots of filipinos sell fake stuff from china ,
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 22
yes I am Filipino and to be precise it is around $72 shipped.

to tell you the truth I am very doubtful of its authenticity and the other buyers were fooled by a slightly better reproduction of their music by a slightly better product.

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 22
I was also very doubtful of that product as well, was about to buy a pair as a gift for someone. Perhaps the seller is unaware that he's selling fakes (albeit very well-made ones)? However, I have bought a pair of CX400's from that seller back then for about $63, and I can attest that they are genuine.

No packaging and no carrying case seems like a huge warning sign for me.

Nov 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by myaa02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol the price is in php , PHILIPPINES ! yr filipino ? lol , i am , but anyways .. i think its fake because lots of filipinos sell fake stuff from china ,
confused_face(1).gif

You might want to reword that a little.
ph34r.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by borgsm1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard there are no fake cx95.

I guess you heard wrong.
The CX95 is being sold for $10/piece here.
Elong Trading Co.
Inquire about the quality and they will tell you that this is "high copy" or "class A". If you don't know how the original looks/sounds like you can easily be fooled.

But the CX300/400/500 are the crown jewels of the Chinese imitation empire. They are not just "high copy" but "very high copy"

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 22
Awesome! That's like getting the quality, but not paying the price
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 22
At a glance it seems real. The L-plug on the extension cord is even the same design. Unfortunately fakers are getting very nowadays good. Unless you have another genuine CX 95 to compare it with, you may never know.

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome! That's like getting the quality, but not paying the price
biggrin.gif

That's OK if the buyer knows what he is getting. The problem is most sellers try to pass the fake as original and overcharge.

May 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #10 of 22
I had ( and use) genuine for one year , but i've lost it ( that's why i bought new ones) , I keept the real box . and i remember all of the accesories wich is deliver in it .Here is the differences :
- The box isn't recovered by a plastic film wich mattify the box'aspect
- There is not the " mp3/iphone/ipod compatible" seal - The printing process is vague(not as clear as the genuine )
- some sentences /annotations are missing ( under Sennheiser is a trademark of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG) : " sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG . Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany"
-The genuine box is a little shorter than the false box.
- The texture is not the same . and the build quality too , ( Litte Chink between part of the headphones themselves. Engraving " Sennheiser" is not glossy on genuine - The Shirt clip is not in the box.- The packaging of accesories was not well assembled. and proper

The travelbox as engraved . in genuine its just printed

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had ( and use) genuine for one year , but i've lost it ( that's why i bought new ones) , I keept the real box . and i remember all of the accesories wich is deliver in it .Here is the differences :
- The box isn't recovered by a plastic film wich mattify the box'aspect
- There is not the " mp3/iphone/ipod compatible" seal - The printing process is vague(not as clear as the genuine )
- some sentences /annotations are missing ( under Sennheiser is a trademark of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG) : " sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co . KG . Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany"
-The genuine box is a little shorter than the false box.
- The texture is not the same . and the build quality too , ( Litte Chink between part of the headphones themselves. Engraving " Sennheiser" is not glossy on genuine - The Shirt clip is not in the box.- The packaging of accesories was not well assembled. and proper

The travelbox as engraved . in genuine its just printed

Nerox,
are you saying that the original is suppose to have the shirt clip in the box?
should there be a print out of this "Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany" on the bottom of the box?

I just bought one from Amazon from this seller:
Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser CX95 Style Series In-Ear Monitor

and am trying to figure out if it's original or counterfeit.
Amazon told me that they confirmed with seller that it's original.
But from your description, the one that I received:
- does not come with shirt clip
- there is no printing of this "Am Labor 1 ,30900 wedemark , wennebostel germany" on the bottom of the box.
- the Sennheiser logo on the carrying case is engraved, not printed.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back