Need help configuring X-Fi as transport to external DAC
Sep 20, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #16 of 22
nah u need to some type of adaptor in between the flexijack(mini) to the digital cable. I guess a mono-rca adaptor will do it. I wonder if thats what the creative thing is,but in a big plastic housing. It cost me $15 bucks i think.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 22
ugh so I need to buy the flexi jack and a adapter. wont cheap adapters reduce sq or it doesnt make a difference? also, I would need a digital to coax to connect it to a citypulse or could I use my zu pivot(mini-rca)?

just wanna be sure before I invest on a citypulse early next month when all the kinks are fixed.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 22
flexijack is on the XFi card rear connectors. It can be the microphone, or the digital coax connector depending on how you software configure it.

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #19 of 22
ahhh thats what I thought it was, so I wont have to buy anything afterall...I think. my zu pivot connected from digital out to rca on the citypulse will work then. Sorry for being so anal about this.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
What program are you using for playing music?

Are you using Foobar? If not, you should.

-Ed

Yes, I'm using Foobar with Creative ASIO enabled.

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 22
I'm pleased to report that the signal from the flexijack is working fine. Just bought a mono RCA to 1/8" jack, plugged my coax cable in, and bam, the data locked light comes on. Trying it now, and it sounds fantastic. Thanks everyone!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back