Need help choosing suited closed back cans for producing/mixing. Love Clear vocals and deep bass though like many I hate any sharp uncomfortable highs. Budget is $500/£310
Sep 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Devroux

New Head-Fier
Hi need help choosing suited closed back cans for producing/mixing heavy electro, trap, glitch hop, dubstep, chill step. Ive been crawling through forum after forum and did come to the conclusion of the Sony MDR-7520 although unless I pay 100 plus post and packaging to actually get them into the UK from the US or visit the US I feel i could possibly purchase alternative headphones either cheaper or just better for the money in the UK rather than fork out a load extra not even on the headphones. Like I mentioned I  Love Clear vocals and deep bass though I understand the importance of equal levels for producing. Budget is $500/£310 with some possible stretching room though it would have to be worth it.

I would love to get monitors though at the moment i dont have the right room or the choice of having anything at a decent volume, I could probably get away with open backs in my room although I am currently at university doing a music production degree so open backs would probably disturb everyone in the class i suspect even the semi open DT 880s would still leak too much as much as I would like to experience the known advantages of open backs natural qualities.

Im also prepared to invest in a amp depending on the ohm of the headphones though any suggestions for a matching amp with the suggested headphones would be great thank you :)

Greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back