Need help choosing sport around-the-ear earbuds!
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

A Jonaityte

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a rather small woman and I need help choosing some sport around-the-ear earbuds that will actually stay in my ears. I'm trying to decide between the Koss Fitclips and the MeElectronics Sport-Fi M6. Which ones do you think will stay on my ears better and will sound better? Are there any other ones I should look at. I'd like to spend under 30$. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I suspect the Mee M6 might work better - the loop on the M6 is not molded like on the Koss, it is memory wire. I think this might let you mold it to your ear . The M6 also comes with several different sizes of tips, and you can also try the Comply T-200 tips.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes - I own the M6. They are not bad for such a low-cost headphone. They bass is not very "textured" - it is more simple & one-noted compared to higher-priced 'phones. The highs are rolled-off - and not a lot of detail. All this sounds bad - but really, they are better than the vast majority of under $30 IEMs. The cable is not very high quality - it works fine, but it's a little plasticky and a bit short (which could be good or bad).

I have no problem recommending them for what they are - with the right size tips they very comfortable (ie like the Comply T-200 - or Shure black foam with the plastic tubes ripped out) and I sometimes sleep with them. Have your expectations at the right level and I think they will serve you very well.

BTW, if you like them, then you will be absolutely astonished by the $99 SE215... :wink:

There is a reason the traditional greeting on head-fi is:

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back