Need help choosing pair of on-ear headphones
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mpf1992

New Head-Fier
I am currently looking for a new pair of on-ear headphones that are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. 

So far, I have been looking at the Sennheiser 25-1 II and V-Moda XS headphones. I generally listen to EDM or rock music and do not currently have an amp. I would really appreciate any suggestions on the headphones and also suggestions on an entry level amp (under $200). Thanks for the help. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 4
A good place to start looking for headphones is the buying guide:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

You need to tell us if you are looking for a portable or desktop amp and what equipment it will be amping.

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
(...) Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

+1

Do you need isolation?

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the posts, I appreciate the insight. I would be using the amp with either a laptop or an iphone. In terms of comfort, I had a pair of M-100's that I loved in terms of sound but sent them back because my ears would hurt after wearing them for extended periods of time. I definitely want something with isolation as I will be wearing them in an office. Might go ahead and order both of these pairs to test them out and send whichever one back that I do not like as much. Any further insight would be appreciated. Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back