Need help choosing IEMs for electro house, rap, dubstep for ~50 british pounds
Oct 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eedijs

New Head-Fier
hello, decided that for the first time in my life I need some good IEMs for mostly outdoors (good isolation necessary), I don't like overdone bass, but I don't like if the bass is non existant or barely there - bass is still needed (punchy bass?). I'm not good at describing sound, as I said - I don't like if bass is overdone or voice (treble?) is too loud. 
I checked out a 300 iem review thread and this is what i've got:

Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE - 56 gbp sound 7.2 value 8.5
MEElectronics A151 - 51 gbp sound 7.4 value 9
brainwavz m3 - 50 gbp sound 7.7 value 8.5
Fischer Audio Eterna - 54 gbp sound 7.7 value 9
Brainwavz M1 - 32 gbp sound 7 value 9.5

So far I like the looks of MEElectronics and Fischer Audio, but are they good for me? Probably a bad comparison, but I have Sony MDR-V55 and I don't like that it has poor bass, everything else is ok I think.

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I have sennheiser CX 500, I like them

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 6
The scoring system (any scoring system) really shouldn't be taken as an absolute gauge, it's relative to how joker gauges it all, and shouldn't be anything else. That is to say - there's not really an universal metric anyways, so just keep that in mind....

The Eterna and the A151 definitely fit the dark-and-slightly-bassy template. Eternas were a tad bit brighter to these ears, but they were ever so bassier than the A151. Ever consider the M2s since you have the other Brainwavz listed? Smooth treble, just enough bass to keep things interesting.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah - I agree with TwinQY on the scoring - I find the descriptions of the sound much more useful than the scores. It helps to put the models I have not heard into perspective with the ones I have heard. If he compares to the SE215, that gives me a lot of information because I have the SE215 and I generally agree with his observations on it.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 6
I think people just want a easy way out sometimes and want to depend on the numbers, or anything definitive that they can get their hands on. The problem is that things are never quite as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back