Need help choosing IEM for sleep <$50
Jan 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SpoolinEclipse

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, it's been a while and I could use some help finding a good smaller iem to use while in bed and sleeping, comfort is the main priority. They'll be used for binaural beats and music I don't need anything too fancy just something comfortable that is neutral-ish. I did see Massdrop has the re-00 going on now for a good price, but they don't look too comfortable to sleep in, i could be wrong though.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi, I know this will probably sound very generic, but for below $50 I think the Panasonic RP-HJE120 or RP-HJE125 are really good considering they are only $10 or less usually. I don't know how small you were looking to go, but these are also really comfortable and stay in your ears well for something that costs so little.

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Thank you for the recommendation, I will have a look into the Panasonic models mentioned, and Serman005 I tend to sleep on my sides, so something low profile enough to lie down with my head on the pillow would be ideal.

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 8
To be honest, sleeping with IEMs is quite uncomfortable unless you sleep facing straight up or straight down where the IEMs are not pressured. From my personal experience, if you sleep to your sides then the IEM would just get pushed in onto your outer ear and it would hurt:frowning2:
I saw you mentioned you tend to sleep to your sides, so I recommend you should look for earbuds instead. I got myself a pair of shozy cygnus and I loved its relaxed sound.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 8
  If you haven't ordered them yet, I would recommend the VE Zen 2 and Monk to you. Both are excellent earbuds and good values.

The VE Zen 2.0 sell for $150 a piece if not more. Well above the OP's stated budget.

The VE Monk are in budget, but I haven't heard anything about them.

It would worry me, personally, that they are only for sale on aliexpress.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back